A seasoned professional business woman and photographer, it is my ultimate goal to capture life’s special moments. I pride myself on paying attention to every detail and strive to bring enthusiasm to every event I shoot. This enthusiasm continues throughout the photo editing process, to final presentation to the client.

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Dance Photography

Recently my daughter's dance studio had photos taken and while waiting for her to finish I was browsing their order form and just about lost it.

I've never done dance photography or even thought about it, but I've been in the wrong business! You don't get the option of buying the hi-res digital image and all the print options are expensive.  I think the cheapest option I saw was $40 for a single photo. Of course the prices per item drop almost in half when you make a minimum order but when you factor in copies for grandparents you're well north of $100 with only a few shots.

In an effort to save money I'm going to re-shoot my daughter's dance photos and use a white backdrop I just ordered online for only $30.  As soon as I have them finished I'll upload what I've done and see how they compare to the photographer the dance studio hired.

No comments:

Post a Comment